The BCWA was formed in 2005 to serve as a peak body to represent the Buddhist community at government level and national levels. The Buddhist Council of Western Australia is a member of the Federation of Australian Buddhist Councils. We are made up of all three of the major denominations of Buddhism.
To find out more about our members and the activities they offer please visit their websites by clicking on the links:
• Australian Buddhist Bliss Culture Misson (Willeton)
• Buddhist Society of Western Australia (Nollamara)
• Cambodian Buddhist Society of WA Inc (Kelmscott)
• Dhamma Cedi Buddhist Society (Camillo)
• Dharmapala Kadampa Meditation Centre (Fremantle)
• Dharmadatu Sangha Inc (Mandurah)
• Diamond Way Buddhist Association (Fremantle)
• Hayagriva Buddhist Centre (Kensington)
• Sagaramudra Buddhist Association (Carlilse)
• Sri Lankan Buddhist Society (Kelmscott)
• Sunyata Community and Meditation Centre (Vic Pk)
• Tibetan Buddhist Society (Herne Hill)
• Tisarana Buddhist Association (Forrestfield)
• Zen Group of Western Australia (Fremantle)
BCWA Management Committee 2014/2015:
President: Eddy Fernando (Buddhist Society of WA)
Vice-President: Kevin Dickson (Diamond Way BC)
Treasurer: Jill Drury (Dharmapala BC)
Hon. Secretary: Jake Mitra (Buddhist Soc WA)
Bunthan Chan, (Cambodian Buddhist Society of WA)
Karl Matacz, (Hayagriva Buddhist Centre)
Paul Beard (Tiratnadana), (Dharma Dhatu Sangha)
Ramani Gunasekera, (Sri Lankan Vihara)
We are located at Room 2, Australian Asian House, Stirling Road, East Perth, WA.
ABN Number: 58 179 331 251
Aims and Objectives:
- To serve as the representative organisation for Buddhist temples, groups and organisations in Western Australia.
- To liaise with local government and State and Commonwealth government departments and agencies on behalf of its members.
- To promote the interest of member organisations and the Buddhist religion.
- To assist in the resolution of disputes between member organisations, if mutually invited, by arranging for independent mediation.
- To foster a spirit of fellowship, co-operation, friendship and goodwill between all Buddhist groups in Western Australia.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and resources between members regarding their respective activities.
- To serve as a forum for the discussion of matters of common interest to members.
- To work for peace and harmony through inter-religious co-operation.
- To act in any way to promote the interests and ideals of Buddhism amongst the community at large.
- To encourage and promote the development of social welfare activities.
- To encourage the development and dissemination of resources on Buddhism in Western Australia.
- To encourage member organisations to conduct public talks, forums and seminars on Buddhism and other related subjects.
- To represent the views of the broader Buddhist community on matters of public interest and significance related to Buddhism.
We welcome new members:
To be a member you have to be a Buddhist organisation which is registered in WA. The annual membership fee is $150 and a copy of your organisation’s Constitution is required. When a duly filled Application Form is received, membership is conferred at a BCWA committee meeting by vote and in accordance with our Constitution.
This website is maintained by BCWASec.